- Entries to the show are limited to Foothills Quilters Guild members and must never have been shown in a previous Foothills Quilters Guild show. The Quilt Show Committee will reserve the right to limit the number of entries submitted. Quilts will be hung at the discretion of the Quilt Show Committee and on a “space available” basis. There is no entry fee. Complete one registration form for each item entered.
- Each entry more than 48 inches wide must have a 4 inch sleeve sewn to the back of the quilt. A sleeve is not required for miniatures or quilts less than 48 inches wide.
- On the back of each entry, sew a cloth label with your name and quilt title to the lower right hand corner. Please be sure you fill out the registration form completely. Registration forms lacking the information could result in an entry not being judged or hung. Copies will be made of the completed registration forms and used by the hanging committee. Pillowcases for your quilts are not necessary. Information provided on the back of the registration form will be used for an information card and also in the program. Please make your paragraph brief (25 words or less). The Printing Chairman reserves the right to edit the information. The card will be attached to the front of the quilt during the show.
- Information provided on the back of the registration form will be used for an information card and also in the program. Please make your paragraph brief (25 words or less). The Printing Chairman reserves the right to edit the information. The card will be attached to the front of the quilt during the show.
- This is a judged show. Ribbons will be awarded in all categories, although all ribbons may not be awarded in some categories. The judges and Show Committee reserve the right to reassign quilt classifications, as well as combine categories if necessary. Ribbons that may be awarded are: First Place, Second Place, Third Place, Honorable Mention, Best Hand Quilting, Best Machine Quilting, Judges Choice (2), Best of Show. Guild members will vote on the Best Theme at the Preview Party. All ribbons will be presented at the Preview Party.
- All items must remain on display for the entire show. Pick-up is at 5 pm on Sunday, October 11. If you cannot pick up your entry at this time, you must make arrangements for pick-up. Neither the Foothills Quilters Guild nor Arts Council will be responsible for any quilts left at the Arts Council. Security will be provided and precautions taken to protect all entries. The building is monitored by a 24 hour security monitoring system. FQG is not purchasing insurance coverage on the entries. Neither the Foothills Quilters Guild, nor the Quilt Show Committee will be liable for any loss or damage to quilt show entries.
- All registration forms are due August 20, 2009. If you turn in a form but decide to not enter a piece in the show please notify Sally Norman or Elanor Morgan.
- All quilt entries will be due on Friday, October 2, 2009. They will be turned in at the Cleveland County Arts Council at 6 pm. If you are unable to turn in your quilts at this time, please make arrangements with someone to turn in your entries. The person turning in an entry will be asked to sign their name on a form that list the entries for each category.
- Quilt show take down: The show ends at 4 pm on Sunday, October 11. At that time the Arts Council building will be cleared and the doors locked. Only members/husbands working with Take Down will be allowed to remain. Between 4 pm and 5 pm the quilts will be taken down and sorted. Tables will be set up at the entrance to the building and you may claim your quilt and sign that you have picked it up. If you are unable to pick up your quilt please make other arrangements. The person picking it up will be asked to sign that they have done so. Neither the FQG, Quilt Show Committee, nor the Arts Council will be responsible for quilts which are not claimed.
- **I understand that my signature on the registration form gives the Foothills Quilters Guild the right to use a photo of my quilt in any show publications, advertisements, or promotional awards or guild website.***
Deadline for registration forms is August 20, 2009.
Entries are due on October 2, 2009 at the Cleveland County Arts Council.
No registration forms or entries will be accepted after these dates.
Contact Eleanor Morgan (703 300-3103 or Kay Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)